Media, Articles and Links
The 6 min vid above is one of many brief interviews Emma (right) has done at IMHU with pioneers improving mental healthcare. Karen Lawson, MD, (left) introduces how she teaches about Shamanism in medical schools and in nature. Learn more by clicking HERE.
RECENT PODCAST INTERVIEWS & ONLINE PRESENTATIONS
1. Foundation for Mind-Being Research
Mar 11, 2021
2. Sacred Rebellion
Birth Experiences: Dr. Bragdon talks about her experience working with clients integrating spiritual experiences related to sacred medicines, having near-death experiences or other psychic openings. We talk quite a bit about the birth experience and how it shapes the rest of our lives.
January 18, 2021
3. Spiritual Awakenings International
January 16, 2021
4. Fit for Joy Podcast
Aug 21, 2020
Earlier PODcasts and Online Presentations
1. On Psychedelics Today with Kyle Buller and Joe Moore
2. On WPVM.FM, "A Mindful Emergence" with Eddie LeShure, "Online Learning to Boost Recovery and Spiritual Emergence", with Emma Bragdon, April 2, 2018
3. With Chris Cole: a podcast on "Waking Up BiPolar", Emma talks about "Spiritual Emergency" March 15, 2018
Blog Talk on Kardec Radio:
Please feel free to reprint any of these articles or hyperlink to them (as long as you include the bio of the author, as is).
1. Positive Steps Forward: Integrative Mental Health is Gaining Ground, by Emma Bragdon, published in blog on MadinAmerica.com on Nov. 22, 2017
2. Psychosis or Spiritual Emergence by Nicki Crowley, MD
3. Spiritist Psychiatric Hospitals in Brazil in May/June, 2017 issue of Energy Magazine
4. The (R)evolution of Mental Healthcare-Brazilian Style, in Spirit of Change Magazine, 2016
5. The Contribution of Spirit Release Therapy to Mental Health by A. Powell, MD
Curious about the need to add "Spiritual Emergency" to our understanding of mental health?
1. "Crazywise" (trailer) follows two people with serious disturbance who appear to be in spiritual crisis and may have been mishandled by the conventional mental healthcare system. We must ask: what would have been better for them?
Curious about the notion of reincarnation and karma--and how that impacts on our lives?
1. "Yesterday's Children" (full film for free) is based on a true story of family love. It's a feature length film with excellent acting.
2. "I Origins" (trailer) a love story involving a scientist and his more spiritual lover. A story of transformation.
3. "The Fountain" (trailer) Another love story with excellent acting...this one about eternal love.
Books We Recommend
"Anatomy of an Epidemic: Magic Bullets, Psychiatric Drugs, and the Astonishing Rise of Mental Illness in America"
by Robert Whitaker
"Choices in Recovery: Non-drug Approaches for Adult Mental Health" by Craig Wagner
"Soul Medicine: Awakening Your Inner Blueprint for Abundant health and Energy" by Norman Shealy, MD, PhD and Dawson Church, PhD.
"Spirituality and Psychiatry," Edited by Drs. Chris Cook, Andrew Powell and Andrew Sims